Develop a greater understanding of dementia from the perspective of a person with dementia and their carer through our new Educational Dementia Immersive Experience, EDIE.
NSW, NT, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
All staff providing support for people living with dementia in various care settings.
This immersive workshop enables participants to see the world through the eyes of a person living with dementia utilising high quality virtual reality technology. The workshop enhances your knowledge of dementia whilst exploring a supportive approach to living more confidently with dementia.
This program will explore what it may feel like to experience dementia, care for someone living with dementia and to work in partnership to identify support needs and develop a support plan.
In this 3 hour workshop you will develop a greater understanding of:
• dementia across various stages
• a consumer perspective of dementia
• dementia support considerations including individual and diverse needs
• how to identify support needs in partnership with the client and their carer
• how to develop a dementia support plan that focuses on enabling a person to live more confidently with dementia