Dementia Australia knows that empowered individuals are key to leading improvements in practice.
The program enables passionate individuals with diverse experience to come together to create positive change and foster innovation in their workplace. Communities of Practice build relationships that support members to share knowledge and lead improvements in practice. Participants have opportunities for continued learning beyond formal education and workshops, with access to experts and leaders in dementia care.
Previous Communities of Practice participants noted that the program empowered them to drive internal change, helped them overcome challenges in improving practice and boosted their confidence.
As a member of one of our Communities of Practice you will:
- Develop a support network through regular meetings and online discussions with like-minded people.
- Share knowledge and ideas with members with diverse experience from across the country.
- Learn about new and emerging trends in dementia care.
- Build mentoring skills to implement change.
- Feel inspired by knowledgeable speakers and dementia experts.
- Access online education, our library and resources.
For organisations looking to implement specific goals based on unique needs or wanting to involve large number of staff, our team can design a bespoke Community of Practice to support a sustainable practice change.
Get in touch if you are interested to participate yourself, want to sponsor one or more of your staff, or would like to find out about our bespoke solutions.
Communities of Practice – Winner of the Service Transformation Category of the 2021 Future of Ageing Awards